Make your own site
To make your own website to use the data sets plugin, follow the instructions provided below. Note that you can install WordPress in a subdirectory of your current website hosting.:
- Set up a basic install of WordPress on your chosen hosting. Download WordPress from wordpress.org.
- Either load WordPress on your existing website in a subfolder or purchase hosting and install WordPress, most hosting have an option to install WordPress - here are a couple of hosting suggestions, (FastHosts*) or (WP Engine WordPress Hosting*)
- Install and activate the open source plugin Datasets Manager by Arttia Creative from the WordPress repository.
- Create Species from Data Sets > Species
- Create multiple groups from Data Sets > Groups
- Create new Data set from Data Sets > Add New Data Set
a. Select a species you added in Step 1
b. Select multiple groups you added in Step 2
d. Add sample size count for each group
c. Press Generate Data set
- Download Sample CSV from the right sidebar, and upload the data in the defined format.
- Upload the relations CSV file from Data Sets > Upload Relations CSV. (It is necessary to make the search functionality work.)
- Create a page in your WordPress site and add a two column layout. (See video below)
- Add required shortcodes in the front end as demonstrated in the video per your requirement.
- Use the shortcode provided to display the statistics in a post or page, where the id attribute is the ID of the dataset you want to show and row_id to display the targeted row graph.
- Use the search shortcodes to display the autocomplete form for search dataset by name and to display searched, matched, and related terms as per the example below:
If you require additional support making your own website, please email email@example.com